This is hard to understand/impossible, at least in terms of
simple 2fo-fc and fo-fc maps.
We can think of a difference map as the difference between two maps,
like fo-fc map = fo map - fc map.
There is no model in the region, since you deleted it,
so Fc=0, and Fo-Fc negative => Fo<0, so 2fo-fc cannot be positive.

No, wait, there will be solvent, so Fc = Rho(solvent)
Fo-Fc is negative, so Fo <Rho(solvent)
2Fo-Fc positive => 2Fo>Rho(solv)
2Fo > Fc > Fo
Fo > 1/2 Fc
So this would be possible if the density of your protein is less than
that of the solvent but more than half that of the solvent.
Partial occupancy? but where the protein is missing there
would be solvent (in Fo if not in Fc),
so you still couldn't get below density of the solvent.
Maybe its a problem with the solvent model?