Eugene is away but I think the PISA symmetry checking only looks at 2 unit
cells in all directions from the origin, so if the origin chain is far away
you may lose contacts.

..

As someone says - always try to place the molecule reasonably close to the
origin.

There is an old program
pdbset xyzin mol.pdb
end

which tells you the centre of symmetry of the mol.  If it is a long way off
the origin say 1.27 -0.73 0.95 an equally valid molecule could be
repositioned saying
pdbset xyzin mol.pdb xyzout mol-Sym.pdb
symgen x-1,y+1,z-1
end

Then the centre of mass would be 0.27 0.27 -0.05

You may want to split the check to do individual chains

COOT will apply a shift too, once you know what it should be.
Eleanor