Dear members of the structural biology community,

I am looking for postdoctoral researchers interested to do single particle
Cryo-EM on complexes involved in gene expression. The position will be funded
through an ERC starting grant and I would be grateful if you could bring the
following ad to the attention of potential candidates.

Thanks, Albert

Postdoc position in the laboratory of Albert Weixlbaumer available at the IGBMC
in Strasbourg, France.

We are inviting applications for a postdoc position, which is available in the
laboratory of Albert Weixlbaumer, PI in the Department of Integrated Structural
Biology, at the Institute of Genetics and Molecular and Cellular Biology
(IGBMC), in Strasbourg, France.
The position is funded through an ERC starting grant for several years. The
successful candidate will study the regulation of transcription elongation by
protein or non-coding RNA transcription factors using a combination of
biochemical and biophysical techniques. To gain detailed mechanistic insights,
you will study complexes of RNA polymerase bound to regulatory factors using
structural approaches (mostly single particle cryo-EM). IGBMC is one of the
European INSTRUCT (Integrated Structural Biology in Europe) centers and
therefore provides state of the art facilities (Titan KRIOS with K2 direct
electron detector) and technology platforms that will support your project in
every aspect. Further information can be found at:
http://www.igbmc.fr/research/department/3/team/119/

Please download the ad for more details on the team, the institute, and the
surroundings:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/62qfyyt8pq2iurs/Postdoc_Ad_Weixlbaumer_lab_2017.pdf?dl=0

Highly motivated candidates with PhD degrees in structural biology, chemical
biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, or related fields are encouraged to
apply. Although not strictly required, preference will be given to candidates
with prior experience in single particle Cryo-EM. Applications including a
cover letter outlining research interests, CV, list of publications, and names
of three references should be sent via e-mail to Albert Weixlbaumer:
albert.weixlbau...@igbmc.fr