hi dharma

your ITC data suggest at least that your complex also exists  in solution
ITC never will answer to the question whether this is a “biological” interface
one way getting around this, would be to check the  response of your mutant
versus WT  in biological assay
ALA substitutions soemtimes are not drastic enough to interrupt protein protein
interactions
introduction of a charged residue facing a hydrophobic pocket often is more
efficient

good luck
Herman van Tilbeurgh
Professor structural biology
Directeur Adjoint Ecole Doctorale Innovation Thérapeutique: du fondamental à
l'appliqué

Institut de Biologie Intégrative de la Cellule - I2BC
UMR 9198 CNRS- Université Paris Sud
Team: Fonction et Architecture des Assemblages MacroMoléculaires
http://www.i2bc.paris-saclay.fr/spip.php?article256

Batiment 430
91405 Orsay
France