Hey Firdous

Yes, too much information can be confusing. I have expressed and purified
over dozen of different proteins. I usually found in literature the
protocol for the expression and purification of another homologous protein.
That is the best way to start in my opinion. Some folks may want to invent
the wheel one more time, and i have no problem with that either....

I got more excited with your first line that you can see the tag, and no
protein. It seems as (A) you got an empty vector in the bacteria; or (B)
the fusion construct is self-cleaving like with intein. you may wanna check
the vector itself.

Best wishes for the experiments!

-Z

Zaigham M Khan, PhD