You can try VOIDOO as well:

http://xray.bmc.uu.se/usf/voidoo.html

a bit dated but still effective

Cheers, Fulvio

Il 01/02/18 09:54, Claudia Binda ha scritto:
Dear All,

thanks everyone for your help.
Below is a summary of all suggestions for calculating and representing cavities of protein structures.
Best
Claudia

Caver (https://www.caver.cz/)

3V (http://3vee.molmovdb.org)

ProFunc (https://www.ebi.ac.uk/thornton-srv/databases/profunc/)

Ghecom (http://strcomp.protein.osaka-u.ac.jp/ghecom/)

using pymol with no other plug-ins required

CastP (http://sts.bioe.uic.edu/castp/index.html)

Metapocket (http://projects.biotec.tu-dresden.de/metapocket/)

Hollow (http://hollow.sourceforge.net/)

    Hi Claudia,

    another program that I used with success is Hollow
    (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19014592
    <https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19014592>).
    It is really easy to use. You can get is here
    http://hollow.sourceforge.net/ <http://hollow.sourceforge.net/>
    It finds pockets in a defined area, fills them with water
    molecules and generates a pdb with those waters. You can then
    import it into pymol and represent it however you think is fitting.

    Cheers,
    Johannes