Hi Michael,

Thanks for the information.

It is amphipathic. It follows a transmembrane helical domain of a cell
surface receptor and adopts an orientation parallel to the membrane. So it
may be associated with the membrane. I am just wondering if such
leucine-repeat motif is special among all amphipathic, membrane-associated
helical structures. In other words, any other possible functional roles
than just membrane association?

Best,

Cheng

--