Hello Rajesh
  We serendipitously encountered three cases where a contaminating fungus
led to proteolysis of the proteins, which was required for their
crystallization. We identified the fungus by sequencing a little bit of its
genome, and found that it is Penicillium!

  Here are two of the papers -

Mandel CR, Gebauer D, Zhang H, Tong L. (2006). A serendipitous discovery
that in situ proteolysis is essential for the crystallization of yeast
CPSF-100 (Ydh1p). *Acta Cryst*. *F62*, 1041-1045.

Bai Y, Auperin TC, Tong L. (2007). The use of in situ proteolysis in the
crystallization of murine CstF-77. *Acta Cryst*. *F63*, 135-138.

best regards
Liang

----
Liang Tong, William R. Kenan, Jr. Professor and Chair
Department of Biological Sciences
Columbia University, New York, NY 10027
(212) 854-5203
lt...@columbia.edu