Postdoctor in Medical structural biology
Institutionen för experimentell medicinsk vetenskap
Lund University was founded in 1666 and is repeatedly ranked among the world's
top 100 universities. The University has 40 000 students and 7 400 staff based
in Lund, Helsingborg and Malmö. We are united in our efforts to understand,
explain and improve our world and the human condition.
The Faculty of Medicine is a part of Lund University, and is responsible for
education and research within medicine and healthcare. Our academic programs
are closely linked with the healthcare system and are firmly anchored in the
faculty's strong research tradition. Our research spans a broad field within
experimental preclinical research, near-patient clinical research and health
sciences research. The Faculty of Medicine, with its 1,800 employees and 2,700
students in Lund and Malmö, is a knowledge-intensive meeting place for
students, teachers and researchers from all over the world.
Work duties
The work will consist of laboratory work such as to production of large
quantities of proteins for crystallization and functional studies, and further
structure determination using X-ray crystallography. The work will also include
reporting and publication of research

Qualifications
PhD in biochemistry, biophysics, biotechnology or structural biology.
Expertise is required especially in biochemistry and X-ray crystallography,
experience in working with X-ray crystallography is a requirement.
Experience in the production of protein in E. coli and refolding of inclusion
bodies will be seen as merits, as well as the first author publications in
reputable journals.
Terms

Salary according to contract

Starting date
2018-08-01 or by agreement
Lund University welcomes applicants with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
We regard gender equality and diversity as a strength and an asset. We kindly
decline all sales and marketing contacts.

Apply by using this link:

https://lu.varbi.com/en/what:job/jobID:198435/

  *

  *