I've got a couple of instances where I have non-standard amino acids, nevertheless present in the monomer dictionary, that have additional non-peptide covalent linkages. I've figured out how to define these, but if I opt to output hydrogens as a diagnostic I see that Refmac doesn't delete the ligand hydrogens that were present at the linkage point.

Nothing catastrophic happens in refinement but extra atoms lying along other covalent bonds makes me a little queasy.

Is there something (non-obvious) in additional user-defined .cif library that I can use to do this ? Do I simply define a new version of the monomer (w/o errant hydrogen) and hope that it overwrites the previous definition ?

I'm doing this at borderline atomic resolution.

Thanks
Phil Jeffrey
Princeton