Did you happen to use glycerol as a cryoprotectant?

From: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> On Behalf Of Daniel Garcia
Sent: Monday, 14 May 2018 12:40 PM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: [ccp4bb] Electron density

Dear all,

I am currently refining a structure and found a intriguing electron density at
the protein surface (pictures attached, the Fo-Fc map is contoured at >3.5
sigma). My first candidates were molecules from my protein prep or
crystallisation buffer, but none of them seem to fit well. I can observe that
the ligand is nearby the side chains of a tyrosine, a lysine, a threonine and a
glutamate residue, and it is close to the carbonyl oxygens of the protein
backbone of a nearby loop. The shape of this density is not pyramidal, but it
is not planar either.

Do you have any suggestions to solve this density based on your own experience?
My crystallisation buffer contains tartrate, ammonium sulphate, and CHES, and
my protein is in Tris buffer containing DTT and sodium chloride.

Best regards,

--
Mario