*Position description: *A postdoctoral position at the Hauptman-Woodward
Medical Research Institute (HWI) is offered in the laboratory of Dr. Aviv
Paz, starting at the summer of 2018. We are seeking a highly motivated
candidate that is passionate about solving structures and applying the
structural insights gained for the understanding of biological processes. The
main focus of the lab is the structure, function and dynamics of
transmembrane transport proteins, and most of our effort is dedicated to
the structural and functional characterization of structurally unresolved
human transporters. In order to study these biomedically relevant and
challenging targets we employ a vast array of structural-biology,
biophysical and biochemical methods. The laboratory is part of the HWI and
as such we enjoy access to the versatile equipment, expertise and
facilities that the HWI has to offer (see
https://hwi.buffalo.edu/facilities/). This position is fully funded but the
successful candidate will be strongly encouraged to apply for independent
funding.

*Qualifications: *The candidate must hold a Ph.D. degree, have a strong
background in protein biochemistry or structural-biology and be the first
author of at least one publication. Experience in protein expression,
purification and biochemical characterization are required. Prior
experience in the membrane protein field or mammalian expression systems
(either yeast or cell-lines) is an added advantage.

*To apply: *Please send an e-mail to a...@hwi.buffalo.edu and attach a
short C.V. (2 pages max), a summary of previous research experience, and
contact information of two references.