Being on the ccp4bb I feel I should ask if ccp4mg isn't suitable for your
purposes?

Sam

From: "Phoebe A. Rice" <pr...@uchicago.edu>
To: "ccp4bb" <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Sent: Wednesday, 23 May, 2018 22:01:16
Subject: [ccp4bb] teaching question: graphics for chromebook?

One for fellow educators:

For years, I’ve given students pymol-heavy homework assignments. Today I found
out that at least one has a chromebook and can’t install Pymol.

I gather that these chrome thingies are becoming more and more popular with
students, so I’m wondering if someone out there already come up with a good
solution – either an easy way to install pymol, or an alternative
undergraduate-user-friendly, free macromolecular graphic program that will work
for chromebook users.

Thanks,

Phoebe

Phoebe A. Rice