Postdoctoral Research Assistant – Electron Microscopy

Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, South Parks Road, Oxford

Grade 7: £31,604 - £38,833 p.a.

A joint postdoctoral position is available for Dr Ivan Ahel’s and Dr Dragana
Ahel’s groups at the Sir William Dunn School of Pathology, University of Oxford
to study the structure of novel DNA repair complexes. The project will involve
structural biology techniques, largely electron microscopy.

For structural studies, our labs have regular access to several synchrotron
facilities (Diamond, ESRF, SOLEIL, and DESY), as well as to the new CryoEM
facility in our Department that includes the FEI Titan Krios instrument. The
post is available for 2 years in the first instance.

Applicants should have a PhD in biology or a related subject. A high level of
competence in structural biology is required and relevant experience
demonstrated by first author publications in high-profile journals. The ideal
candidate should be organised, highly motivated and able to work independently
as well as a part of a team.

Informal enquiries should be directed to Dr Ivan Ahel:
ivan.a...@path.ox.ac.uk<mailto:ivan.a...@path.ox.ac.uk>, or Dr Dragana Ahel:
dragana.a...@path.ox.ac.uk<mailto:dragana.a...@path.ox.ac.uk>.

If you are interested in this role, and have the skills and experience we are
looking for, please apply online by using the link below. You will be required
to upload a CV and supporting statement as part of your online application.

The closing date for applications is 12.00 midday on Friday 29 June 2018.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible thereafter.

https://www.recruit.ox.ac.uk/pls/hrisliverecruit/erq_jobspec_version_4.display_form

Dr. Antonio Ariza
University of Oxford
Sir William Dunn School of Pathology
South Parks Road
Oxford
OX1 3RE
e-mail: antonio.ar...@path.ox.ac.uk<mailto:antonio.ar...@path.ox.ac.uk>
Tel: 00 +44 1865 285655

Links to my public profiles:
ResearchGate<https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Antonio_Ariza>
LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/in/antonioariza1>
GoogleScholar<https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=9pAIKV0AAAAJ&hl=en>
Twitter<https://twitter.com/DrAntonioAriza?lang=en>

Check out my latest paper!!!
Structural insights into the function of ZRANB3 in replication stress
response<http://www.nature.com/articles/ncomms15847>