Hi all.
I was searching for ligands/molecules at
www.rcsb.org/pdb/ligand/chemAdvSearch.do (middle tab in blue). If I try to
search with the third option, i.e. "name" of the ligand/molecule, it never
works. I tried tetraethylene glycol, nitric oxide, cisplatin and even the
example provided biotin. Fortunately specifying the identifier (i.e. 3
letters..2 in some cases)... works.
The problem is...what if I do not know the identifier?

I was wondering if you know another database that might work better for me?
(or you, if your brain works better with chemical names instead of
identifiers)

Ps If there is some sort of coordinate file, preferably pdb or xyz, to
download that will be better.

* Pubchem works with sdf files which I do not like because if I open the
sdf file for biotin with pymol and then save it as pdb, and then open this
on coot it looks strange... (png attached)
(not sure if this is pymol's or coot's fault...but that's another thread I
guess)
Thanks