Dear all,

I would like to highlight an exciting opportunity to join our team at the
newly-formed eBIC for Industry partnership between Thermo Fisher Scientific and
Diamond Light Source:

eBIC for Industry is a recently inaugurated centre offering professional
cryo-EM services to the global pharmaceutical and biotech industry. Situated at
eBIC, a UK National Centre for cryo-electron microscopy, the partnership
between Thermo Fisher Scientific and Diamond Light Source provides access to
state-of-the-art microscopes, world-class experience, and the support services
of the synchrotron environment. The density of high-end microscopes, access to
complementary synchrotron-based techniques and the on-site manufacturer
experience in our team makes eBIC for Industry a unique offer to the life
science sector. We are now looking to expand the team to meet the increasing
demand from companies wishing to apply cryo-EM methods to their challenging
structural research questions.

This position is an opportunity to apply your cryo-EM knowledge to an array of
projects with real-world impact on human health and great importance to the
drug discovery business. Our team supports clients with a wide range of cryo-EM
experience; from those first evaluating cryo-EM capabilities to those routinely
applying the technique in their discovery pipelines. Dedicated Glacios and
Krios G3i microscopes along with a full suite of preparation facilities and
computing resources are at our disposal to drive client projects towards the
atomic resolution insights they seek.

We are looking for a passionate and experienced cryo-EM structural biologist
capable of contributing to the entire single-particle experiment from grid
preparation to data analysis and model building. An understanding of
structure-guided drug design and experience with protein production are also
key to being able to consult effectively in this role. As this is a
client-facing position you will need excellent communication skills and a
professional service-focused outlook, along with project management and
multitasking skills.

Further details and the link to apply can be found here:
https://vacancies.diamond.ac.uk/vacancy/industrial-liaison-scientist-cryoem-362061.html

Best regards,
Jason van Rooyen

Jason van Rooyen, PhD
Senior Electron Microscopy Scientist
Industrial Liason Group
Diamond Light Source, Ltd.
Didcot OX11 0DE

[cid:image001.png@01D485B0.B57C5670]

--
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential, copyright and or
privileged material, and are for the use of the intended addressee only. If you