Le Vendredi 11 Janvier 2019 09:07 CET, herman.schreu...@sanofi.com a écrit:

Dear Herman,
As far as I understood the twinning problem, what you say is only true in some
occasions, and not in others.
If the "macroscopic" domains are so small that they are smaller than the X-rays
coherence length, then you may do what you say because the X-rays emitted by
the different domains can interfere.
But, if the domains become large, the X-rays emitted by the different domains
do not interfere anymore and you have to add the weighted intensities, not the
amplitudes, of each domain.
I hope I understood well your comment and did not "interfere negatively" with
the thread...
Best
Philippe Dumas