Hi,

I think it's unlikely to be “just one” molecule — It’s much more likely an
average over multiple states in the crystal (i.e. that site is disordered).
Therefore, IMHO, modelling anything more than a couple of waters is highly
misleading to anyone interpreting your model afterwards.

If you do try to model it with something, make sure check what the refined
B-factor is — if they're much larger than the surroundings, then delete what
you added and leave the site unmodelled because you "cannot determine the
likely local model based on the quality of the crystallographic data and the
local chemical environment”.

You don’t need to model every single blob in the crystal — only model the
clearly resolved ones, or the ones for which you can construct a “sensible"
model.

Nick

On 18 Jan 2019, at 12:03, Satvik Kumar