I was looking at the following structure in the PDB:
http://www.rcsb.org/structure/6HR5  I noticed that the R/Rfree stats were
pretty high for 2.9A resolution so I followed up by looking for the "Table 1"
statistics in the journal article.   Link to article:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41589-019-0311-9  Table is located in the
supplemental materials "Table 9".

From the processing statistics it's clear that the diffraction from that
crystal wasn't great but I don't want to get hung up on the processing or the
validity of the structure.  What struck me what this little explanation the
authors included to explain the outlier statistics in the table:

"Crystal of P36_S1_25 was collected on an Eiger detector, so Rmerge data are
not relevant."

We all know that Rmerge isn't a great metric for data quality but I've never
heard that it's detector-dependent.  This doesn't make sense to me.  If it's
actually true can someone explain, please?

Thanks!

Wes