Hi,

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 07:11:10PM +0100, Weston Lane wrote:
> Thanks for the response. I did look at the multiplicity of the
> datasets in their table and while I suppose 6.9x redundancy is sort
> of high for P2 spacegroup it's actually lower than some of the other
> datasets (presumably non-Eiger) in the table with good overall
> Rmerge (e.g. a C2 dataset with 10x redundancy and an Rmerge of
> 0.064).

Maybe a multiplicity of 6.9 is not especially low for monoclinic: 5LP9
for example (Pilatus data) has 6.3 for 360 degree of data (and Rmerge
of 0.045 to 0.864A when re-processing). Yes, that is more data than
traditionally collected for monoclinic (180 degree), but still far
away from some real high multiplicity approaches.

So this looks much more like a crysal issue to me: maybe there are
some really poor image ranges (that then give an overall Rmerge of
0.256). The overall I/sigI is also rather low (7), and if you look at

  http://staraniso.globalphasing.org/cgi-bin/PDBpeep.cgi?ID=6hr5

you can see that even in the lowest shell the I/sigI is only about
15 - so maybe a seriously underexposed crystal?

Low dose, high-multiplicity is very good - but only if one still takes
advantage of the dose budget a crystal provides. It doesn't help
underexposing a crystal for only 360 degree if it could give still
good data for 720, 1080 or 1440 degree. The great opportunity of low
dose, high multiplicity is that it allows one to see radiation damage
happening and then selecting a subset of images from the start that
are still complete with a nice multiplicity.

At least that is how I approach this with Pilatus/Eiger detectors (or
other photon counting ones) ...

Cheers

Clemens

PS: it would be great to have those images deposited (at
    proteindiffraction.org, sbgrid,org or zenodo.org et al) :-)