Mario

De: Holton, James M <jmhol...@slac.stanford.edu>
Enviada em: sábado, 20 de julho de 2019 15:55
Para: Mario Tyago Murakami <mario.murak...@lnbr.cnpem.br>; CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Assunto: Re: [ccp4bb] RES: [ccp4bb] Se-SAD phasing

It would not surprise me at all if pseudotranslation (aka tNCS) were holding
you back.  It is like kryptonite to all phasing techniques, MR, MAD, SAD, MIR,
you name it.  I recently did an analysis of old, never-solved data sets from my
beamline.  These are MAD/SAD data that don't match anything in the PDB, despite
being 10 years old or more.  At least 45% of them suffer from
pseudotranslation.  Another 21% are twinned.

In contrast, if you search the PDB for the word "twin" only 0.5% of all entries
contain that string.  Might explain why methods development on these two fronts
has been slow.

I don't suppose you'd be up for crowdsourcing?  As in making your raw data
publicly available?

-James Holton
MAD Scientist