One thing to remember is that Li+ only has two electrons.  It should
be a little more than twice the density of an hydrogen (because the
charge pulls in the electron cloud).  If you are seeing lithium at 8
"sigma" you should be seeing the well located hydrogen atoms at 4
"sigma".  Are you?

   I always like controls.  Take out one of the near by water molecules
and see how that, known, difference peak compares to your mystery peak.
 A Li+ should have about 1/5th the height of an H2O.  If you like the
hypothesis of two orientations of the PO4 group, the relative height of
the two peaks will give insight to the occupancy ratio.

   Remember, if the PO4 has two orientations in the crystal, the water
molecules it (they?) is/are bound to will likely also have alternatives.

Dale Tronrud