Dear Jie

ORCiD is mandatory for all authors that we communicate with during
deposition (contact authors).  One of the reasons is to allow us ensure that
we are able to associate contact authors with all of their depositions even
when their email address changes.

These contact details are kept private and are not released into the PDB
archive.

ORCiD's are not required for authors who are just listed as entry or
citation authors. But we do encourage ORCiD's to be provided for these
authors if they are available. These author names, and any associated
ORCiD's, are made public upon PDB release.

Please see

https://www.wwpdb.org/documentation/policy#toc_authorship

for further details of the different types of authors in a PDB entry.

I hope this helps

Regards

John