Dear Flemming,

On 8/21/19, Flemming Goery <flemming_go...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I find the message in my original e-mail has changed, perhaps by hackers,

What do u mean by 'hackers' BTW!!!

> Dear all:
> A has sought a job in the lab of B. B invited A for a interview with a PPT
> oral presentation, as requested A has sent the PPT on the structural biology
> research of XXX to B by e-mail, and presented in front of B and his
> postdoctoral researcher.
>
> After interview, B requested all research documents (including detailed
> reports, all done by A) on XXX to be sent by A to B by e-mail, A sent,
> including 2 sets of pdb for the same structure, one set with solvent, one
> without. A told B all intellectual property of the Documents and the
> research belonged to A, based on the regulation of A's institute.

Who was the boss/PI of A?

If  A  did transfer all  intellectual property to B then it is already
'game over for A'.

> B sought a referee from A's institute, to someone A did not agree. It seems
> the referee told B one set of PDB has been deposited (the one without
> solvent, also completed by A)
>
> Then B did not give the offer to A. A joined Institute D, without
> independent funding for the writing (in fact, no salary to support this
> writing, and no fee for publication of this work).

While one could sympathize A, it has no real effect on the claim.

> Several years later, A found B's paper, i.e., the concerned paper published

> in Journal C. In the paper, B has used the information from deposited PDB
> for 9 times (already a significant paprt of the paper, not to say the
> message from the other Documents sent to B by A). In the paper, it write
> something like, 'based on our work on the structure of  (folowed by 4 letter
> pdb code)', which implied the structure was solved by the authors of the
> paper, rather than by A.
>
> A contacted Journal C, Journal C contacted B, B claimed the deposited PDB
> was a public domain knowldge. Journal C took the action to add the reference
> to the deposited pdb in the paper.

--> Wait - who deposited the model?
--> Did B deposit model without including A?
--> Can you mention the PDB code?  :-)

> As mentioned, the paper has mentioned and used the message from the
> deposited pdb 9 times, and in the paper the reference mark was not added to
> the first occurence of the mentioning of the deposited pdb, but added (only
> once in total for the 9 occurences of depositation code) to a paragraph
> where it can be concluded that the authors have used the undeposited pdb
> with the solvent. In another word, although reference to the deposited pdb
> was added by a correction, from where the reference mark was added, it
> cannot show they have refered to the cited pdb (completed by A), not to say
> the undeposited pdb with solvent which they used based on the paragraph
> information.
>
> A's concern was that: A cannot exclude the possibility that the research in
> the paper other the part related to PDB, i.e., the part done in B's lab used
> in the paper, were fabricated by the current paper authors, thus A request
> paper retraction as the major claim.

Not sure about that. May be you contact people at
 https://retractionwatch.com/
https://twitter.com/retractionwatch
They may have more experience with these issues.