Job opening for a structural biologist to join the Structural Motility team at
the Curie Institute Paris, France.

We are looking for a post-doctoral fellow to join the team Structural Motility
at the Curie Institute (Paris Center) directed by Anne Houdusse.

The Structural Motility team at the Institut Curie has gathered important
structural insights on how force generated by molecular motors can power
cellular processes in human health and disease. We combine chemical biology and
cell biology approaches to test these insights and understand how molecular
motors produce force, how their activity is regulated and how they are
recruited to their cellular targets. Many of these motors are also involved in
human pathologies and they are thus good targets for new therapies which we are
helping to develop.
We are looking for an expert in biochemical, crystallogenesis and structural
determination studies. The post-doctoral fellow will also gain expertise in
functional and cellular studies.
A solid experience in crystallization and X-ray structural determination is
required. Experience in the production and purification of recombinant proteins
is a plus but we are ready to train a dynamic and motivated candidate.

If you are interested, please send a CV and a letter of motivation as well as
letters of recommendation of your previous employers.

Contact : Anne Houdusse (anne.houdu...@curie.fr<mailto:anne.houdu...@curie.fr>)
https://science.institut-curie.org/research/multiscale-physics-biology-chemistry/umr144-subcellular-structure-and-cellular-dynamics/team-houdusse/

Recent publications
Robert-Paganin et al, Nat Commun. 10, 3286, 2019.
Robert-Paganin et al, Nat Commun. 9, 4019, 2018.
Planelles-Herrero VJ, Hartman JJ, Robert-Paganin J, Malik FI, Houdusse A.
Mechanistic and Structural Basis for Activation of Cardiac Myosin Force
Production by Omecamtiv Mecarbil. Nat. Commun. 8, 190, 2017.
Yu I-M*, Planelles-Herrero VJ*, Sourigues Y, Moussaoui D, Sirkia H, Kikuti C,
Stroebel D, Titus MA, Houdusse A. Myosin 7 and its Adaptors Link Cadherins to
Actin. Nat Commun. 8, 15864, 2017.
Houdusse A, Sweeney HL. How myosin generates force on actin filaments. Trends
Biochem Sci. 41, 989-97, 2016.
Sweeney HL and Houdusse A, Myosin VI rewrites the rules for myosin motors,
Cell, 141, 573-82, 2010.
Sweeney HL and Houdusse A. Structural and Functional Insights into the Myosin
Motor Mechanism, Annu Rev Biophys. 39, 539-57, 2010.