The same enzyme adopting different quaternary structures is a form of
allosteric regulation. Jaffe's group has described this phenomenon - the
“morpheein" model of allosteric regulation.

Reviews:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22182754
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16023348

John J. Tanner, PhD
Professor of Biochemistry and Chemistry
Associate Chair of Biochemistry
University of Missouri
117 Schweitzer Hall
503 S. College Avenue
Columbia, MO 65211
Phone: 573-884-1280
Email: tanne...@missouri.edu<mailto:tanne...@missouri.edu>
http://faculty.missouri.edu/~tannerjj/tannergroup/tanner.html

On Oct 9, 2019, at 6:14 AM, Gabriela GARCIA RODRIGUEZ
<gabriela.garcia.rodrig...@vub.be<mailto:gabriela.garcia.rodrig...@vub.be>>
wrote:

Dear CCP4BB subscribers,

I am writing a discussion on extensive quaternary changes between two different
homodimers of the same protein and I would like to ask you for any examples of
your own work/that you know of to include in my analysis. Basically, any
proteins known to exist in two different (or more) homodimerised states
(suffering changes in domain organisation between states would be even more
interesting).
I would greatly appreciate any examples! Thank you for your time and attention.

Warm regards,

Gabriela
____

Gabriela Garcia Rodriguez

gabriela.garcia.rodrig...@vub.be<mailto:gabriela.garcia.rodrig...@vub.be>

PhD candidate

Structural Biology Research Centre (SBRC)

Vlaams Instituut voor Biotechnologie (VIB) - Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB)

Pleinlaan 2- 1050 Brussels, Belgium