PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO ME...

Please direct enquiries to Prof Alex Breeze:

E: a.l.bre...@leeds.ac.uk<mailto:a.l.bre...@leeds.ac.uk>

T: +44 113 343 0087

Dear Colleagues,

***Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Structure-Based Cancer Drug Discovery***

There is an immediate opening in my lab at the Astbury Centre (University of
Leeds, UK) for a versatile structural biologist to work on cancer drug
discovery in a collaboration with the Northern Institute for Cancer Research at
Newcastle University.

The position, which is funded for 2 years by Cancer Research UK (CRUK), is for
development of small molecule inhibitors of the Ras activating protein, SOS.
You will preferably be an experienced X-ray crystallographer, with
complementary skills and expertise in other structural and biophysical methods,
including NMR, SPR or ITC. The project will also involve implementation of
cell-based assays in conjunction with the lab of Dr Darren Tomlinson (Leeds).
Medicinal chemistry expertise and resource will be provided by our Newcastle
collaborators (Prof Mike Waring).

The successful applicant will have access to the Astbury Centre’s excellent
structural biology facilities including a state-of-the-art crystallisation
suite and cryoprobe-equipped 950 MHz NMR.

For more details and to apply please follow this link:
https://jobs.leeds.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=FBSMB1168

…or for informal enquiries please contact me directly.

Best,
Alex

--
Prof Alexander L Breeze