From: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> On Behalf Of Andreas Förster
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2020 7:07 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Raw diffraction images for SARS-CoV-2 related structures

As someone who's done this (for one structure of minor significance), I would
like to make a few comments:

- I highly encourage deposition of raw data.  Why would you not?  Now that many
labs are shut is the time to do it for all these datasets hiding somewhere on
abandoned hard disk.  These disks will break.  One hopes Zenodo will not.

- The link to the raw data can be found inside the mmCIF file under
_pdbx_related_exp_data_set.data_reference.  Whether it's also shown on one of
the PDB sites is up to the designers of these sides.  I cannot find a link to
the experimental data on rcsb.org<http://rcsb.org>.  PDBe, in contrast, has a
clearly visible box linking to "Experimental raw data" on the start page of the
structure.

Deposit your raw data!

Andreas

On Wed, Mar 18, 2020 at 11:31 PM Gerard Bricogne