There are a number of real and/or renowned scientists on twitter and their
share, comments or tips surely inspire and stimulate science. In my novice
understanding, we need good scientists and experts on social platforms, surely
not for publicity or clickbait but for open discussion and direction.
Otherwise, anyone else can take (or influence) our society and science in any
direction. I believe we can see that already to some extent (mentioned Netflix
show could be an example if it turns out to be, we don't know yet). If people
or our society heads toward the wrong direction (e.g. don't believe in climate
change or it's a hoax) but don't listen to scientists- then twitter could be
blamed, but science fails.

Thanks,Reza

Md. Rezaul Karim (Reza)
Ph.D. candidate, PhD Program in Integrated Biomedical SciencesDepartment of
Molecular MedicineMorsani College of MedicineUniversity of South Florida
Schonbrunn lab, Moffitt Cancer CenterTampa, FLE-mail: reza...@yahoo.com,
rezaul@usf.eduPhone: +1-954-937-8487ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-0424-127X
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/reza092

    On Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 8:42:12 PM EDT, Javier Gonzalez