Call for submissions of interest in coronavirus research using LCLS
Deadline: 11 May 2020

As part of the Department of Energy Basic Energy Sciences support of research
into the COVID-19 pandemic, the Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS) offers
opportunities to study the structure and dynamics of biological molecules under
near physiological conditions. More broadly, the X-ray instruments of the LCLS
facility can be used to address biology, chemistry and materials science
questions associated with the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, and related
solutions.

The LCLS facility will provide priority expedited access to researchers working
on these problems. Experiments are anticipated to commence in the summer, with
exact timing dependent on the impact of necessary health and safety
restrictions.

Please complete this brief form
(https://stanforduniversity.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_86BZDt2QtQFQzjf)
to indicate your interest in access to LCLS for Coronavirus/COVID-19 research.
We would appreciate a response as soon as possible, and no later than 11 May
2020 in order for your interests to be factored into our beamtime planning.
Upon receipt of your form we will contact you to discuss detailed requirements.

A formal call for proposals will be issued when the date for restarting LCLS
operations has been decided. Proposals will be reviewed on an ongoing basis as
they are received, and accepted proposals will be scheduled as early as
feasible.

LCLS will make biolab space available for sample preparation and
characterization, as needed. Full support for remote access to experiments will
be arranged where feasible, for those researchers unable to travel to the
facility. Coordination with experiments using
SSRL<https://www-ssrl.slac.stanford.edu/> and the SLAC/Stanford
Cryo-EM<https://sites.slac.stanford.edu/cryo-em/> facilities is welcome.

Please contact Mark Hunter
(mhunt...@slac.stanford.edu<mailto:mhunt...@slac.stanford.edu>) for additional
information and guidance.

For more general information about LCLS, please visit:
http://lcls.slac.stanford.edu