Dear Artem,

I am a fan of the former "Superformance" column from Merck. The production / sellingĀ  of these columns is sourced out to a small company called Goetec. The columns are not really cheap, but good quality, last forever, suited also for higher pressures, only glas and Teflon in contact with your sample. Packing is easy.
I just had a look at their website, https://www.goetec-labortechnik.de
unfortunately only in German and scarce info.
Here is a link to a pdf with the now so-called Supercompact system.
https://cdn.website-editor.net/844eacb718df4813ad43c226fccdb915/files/uploaded/Artikelliste_SuperCompact_de.pdf

Best, Guenter
CCP4 friends,

Sorry for the somewhat off-topic post!

For many years I've been a fan of the Pharmacia XK columns and heavily relied on them for the bulk of my work. Lately, however, GE has increased the prices so much thatĀ I am reluctant to buy new columns from them. And I don't mean filled columns - packing columns is a relatively trivial process if you know how to do it right.

So - before I spend a day searching and making calls - do you have an alternative suggestion that's more reasonable? Clearly the fittings etc. may need to be adapted, but that's not a big deal. I was already looking at Bio-Rad and found them almost as expensive, so I am actually looking for some sort of 'knockoff' manufacturer :)

Thank you

Artem

- Cosmic Cats approve of this message