Good morning Jose,
The devil is always on the detail:-
You are of course correct that I had presumed, as Ethan pointed out, a sub 10
fsec pulse.

Neutrons creating magnetic waves, you are again correct, “spin echo“ does
occur, but without damage though as neutrons have such gentle energies versus
Xray photons.

In re reading my “treading through the terminology carefully” email (hinting at
“going where Angels fear to tread“) I had substituted d spacing for resolution,
the latter term able to raise lengthy debates, which I sought to avoid, but
should have changed low to large to read “large d spacings”. Apologies to all.

So, this lockdown is giving us time for considering such issues....
Sam Horrell, Andrea Thorn and Dale Tronrud have been have carefully preparing
via twitterdebate, and including a written document, their suggested options to
resolve the issue of what to do in our pdb coordinate files where there is
insufficient electron density for very mobile side chains. Over to you Sam,
Andrea and Dale.....

Greetings,
John
Emeritus Professor John R Helliwell DSc