Dear All,

I am working on a carbohydrate-binding protein, which co-crystallizes with
maltose, maltotriose, maltotetraose and maltopentaose and the same can be
supported by ITC experiments as well. Also, the mutant protein (X2Y)
co-crystallizes with maltose, maltotriose, maltotetraose and maltopentaose,
however, the binding of only maltotriose and maltotetraose could be
observed through ITC. For your information, the ITC conditions are the same
for all the ligands and the ligand concentration used in ITC is same as
used in crystallization (100x of protein concentrations). Moreover, from
structural analysis, we have observed that the binding mode of all ligands
is the same.

I request your suggestion on why maltose and maltopentaose do not show any
binding to the mutant protein in ITC experiments.

Looking forward to suggestions.

Best Regards,
Monika