Hi Eleanor,Thanks for asking.
Yes, 2nd domain refine alright with Rfree ~25%, inhibitor at the binding site
and no major issues at all except that I don't see any trace of 1st domain and
the protein from dissolved crystals are on SDS gel at right MW size = 1st+2nd
domain.I tried all other possible space group of P3. Only P31 works with ~26%
Rfree but with 2 monomers of BD2. Strangely, I find this phenomenon only in
presence of a specific inhibitor. Unliganded protein structure ~2A and with few
other inhibitors (1.5-2.2A) all have two domains. Just can't wrap my head
around the mystery.
Thanks,Reza

Md Rezaul Karim
PhD candidate
PhD Program in Integrated Biomedical Sciences
Dept. of Molecular Medicine, Morsani College of Medicine, USF,Tampa
Schonbrunn lab, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa
Email: rez...@health.usf.edu, md.ka...@moffitt.org
Phone: (813) 745 4673 ext. 5462

  On Mon, Sep 14, 2020 at 5:50 AM, Eleanor Dodson<eleanor.dod...@york.ac.uk>
wrote:   Rezaul: You sayBut I only see the 2nd domain with exact same unit cell
that I have solved for 2nd domain's  with same space group.

I am afraid if that is so that you probably have only crystallised the 2nd
domain. Does that domain refine all right?Eleanor
On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 at 09:02, Rezaul Karim