Hey Yong,
Oooh, thank you - and what's more, the crystals are sapphire blue (but it's the
protein that does it, not us!).
The dimer affinity is not high, even with the rest of the protein included and
we have never studied  the long helix alone, so it might not anti-parallel
dimerize at all. On the other hand, it has two somewhat flexible positions, so
in the free state it might be able to find a different energy minimum.
Good luck!
Jon

--
Jon Hughes
Sent without the use of Apple products.

---- Yong Tang schrieb ----

What a beautiful structure, Prof. Hughes - perfect crystallographic dimeric
symmetry! Harder to dissect and isolate the dimerization element to my first
look but I will look closer. yours, -yong

On Thu, Sep 24, 2020 at 5:07 PM Yong Tang