Good morning Randy,
Setting aside the (always somewhat tricky) resolution limit choice, a useful
consideration is embodied in equations 1,2 and 3 of
https://scripts.iucr.org/cgi-bin/paper?bw0576 and the associated text ie
consider the theoretical maximum of the anomalous differences. Without an
absolute scale the differences greater than, say, 4 or 5 times the observed
average value are unlikely.
I feel sure we are all eager to know this possible improvement in Phaser that
you are exploring.
Greetings,
John
Emeritus Professor John R Helliwell DSc