Since I didn’t actually read the press release (but “attended" the CASP event
instead where the results were discussed in a little more detail…) this is news
to me, but I’d agree that there is some hyperbole there.

Alphafold2 (it’s probably important to distinguish it from AlphaFold since it’s
a complete re-write, from what I understand) was the only software that
reliably gave results that could be used for MR. I don’t know how long it
actually took to run the modelling for each sequence (building its libraries
was, shall we say, “time-consuming”), but it may not be a bad way to get an MR
model if you can get DeepMind to run the modelling for you.

Harry