Dear Marcin,

The cif item, _pdbx_branch_scheme.pdb_asym_id, in the pdbx_branch_scheme category is a pointer to _atom_site.auth_asym_id in the atom_site category (I know this is confusing). The labels are consistently defined as the ones in _pdbx_poly_seq_scheme and _pdbx_nonpoly_scheme.

To use the wwPDB-assigned chain ID in publications, _atom_site.auth_seq_id _atom_site.auth_comp_id, and _atom_site.auth_asym_id can be used for the residue number, residue ID, and chain ID, respectively.

Regards,

Jasmine

Jasmine Young, Ph.D.
Biocuration Team Lead