Dear ccp4bb enthusiasts,

I have a postdoc position available in my lab. We are a small and collaborative
lab and are looking for someone enthusiastic to join our efforts. Multiple
projects in different stages of development are available.
Previous experience with structural biology would be a plus, but we would be
equally excited by someone who is familiar with assay development and bacterial
genetics. Full ad below.

Thanks so much!

Alexandra

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION

at Brown University, USA

The Deaconescu Lab at Brown University has one opening for a postdoctoral
researcher. The laboratory's interests lie primarily in stress responses, with
particular emphasis on responses to stress, DNA damage and the mechanochemistry
of DNA-based motors. We utilize a combination of biochemical, biophysical and
structural techniques. (e.g. X-ray crystallography, transmission electron
microscopy). Examples of work are: Brugger et al, Nature Communications (2020),
Dorich et al, Genes & Development (2019), Vemu et al. Science (2018), Le TT et
al. Cell (2018), Deaconescu et al. Photochemistry and Photobiology (2017),
Kutter et al. JMB (2016), Szyk et al, Cell (2014), Deaconescu et al., PNAS
(2012), Szyk et al., NSMB (2012) and Deaconescu et al., TIBS (2013) and
Deaconescu et al., Cell (2006).

 A successful candidate should have an established track-record of publications
in peer-reviewed journals; solid experience with protein biochemistry
(including their purification from E.coli/yeast,  functional characterization
and assay development).  Prior knowledge of crystallography and/or
single-particle electron microscopy is highly desirable, but not required. Must
be highly motivated and work well independently as well as in a team. Excellent
spoken and written English are required. New Ph.D. graduates are encouraged to
apply. We have a variety of projects available at different stages of
development.

       Interested candidates should send a CV, a one page research experience
summary and contact information for three references to
alexandra_deaconescu[at]brown.edu. Please use “postdoctoral candidate” as a
subject.

Salary and starting date are negotiable.   Please write Postdoctoral Candidate
in the e-mail subject header.   Brown University, an Ivy League school, is
located in Providence, Rhode Island less than one hour away by train from
Boston.   Rhode Island provides plenty of opportunities for outdoor recreation
with beautiful beaches and sailing.

Lab webpage: https://deaconesculab.com <https://deaconesculab.com/>