On behalf of Hassane Mchaourab. Please direct questions and applications to
hassane.mchaou...@vanderbilt.edu<mailto:hassane.mchaou...@vanderbilt.edu>.

An NIH-supported postdoctoral fellowship is currently available in the
Mchaourab lab at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. The thrust of the
projects is to use biophysical approaches to investigate
structure/dynamics/function in multiple classes of transporters including ABC
transporters and neurotransmitter transporters. Current focus in the lab is on
the application and integration of cryo-EM, EPR, transport assays, and
molecular modeling. We are a highly interdisciplinary group with interest
ranging from proteostasis in zebrafish to multidrug transporters. The
laboratory is located in the department of Molecular Physiology and Biophysics
at the school of medicine with access to state of the art cores in
crystallography, cryo-EM, EPR, mass spectrometry and various biophysical
instrumentation.

Candidates should have a Ph.D. in biochemistry, biophysics or related fields.
Relevant skills include protein expression and purification, membrane
reconstitution, biochemical analyses of function, and structure determination
by x-ray crystallography or cryo-EM. Salary will be commensurate with
experience and the starting date is negotiable.

If you are interested send CV and letters of recommendation to : Hassane S.
Mchaourab, Ph. D.,
hassane.mchaou...@vanderbilt.edu<mailto:hassane.mchaou...@vanderbilt.edu>

At Vanderbilt University, we are intentional about and assume accountability
for fostering advancement and respect for equity, diversity, and inclusion for
all students, faculty, and staff. Our commitment to diversity makes us who we
are.  We have created a community that celebrates differences and lets
individuality thrive. As part of this commitment, we actively value diversity
in our workplace and learning environments as we seek to take advantage of the
rich backgrounds and abilities of everyone. The diverse voices of Vanderbilt
represent an invaluable resource for the University in its efforts to fulfill
its mission and strive to be an example of excellence in higher education.

Vanderbilt University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.
Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and protected veterans are
encouraged to apply.