Hi,
In addition to all great suggestions, I would try reductive lysine
methylation (PMID 17098187).
Good luck!
Tomas

On Thu, Jan 21, 2021 at 6:46 PM Jon Cooper <
0000488a26d62010-dmarc-requ...@jiscmail.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hello, I always recommend limited chymotrypsinolysis. It's not a miracle
cure but in a proportion of cases (~1/4?) it does work.
> Cheers, Jon.C.
>

> Sent from ProtonMail mobile

protein crystal, and the crystal shape is like sea urchin at first. After I
try different methods-Different Protein and Kit proportion 1:1 1.2:0.8
1.4:0.6,etc;  try to add different additives and detergents ; different
PEGs and salts; Seeding; Try different pH and PEG Concentrations
orthogonally;change primary protein sequence and so on. And the crystal is
plates, but still not a mono three-dimentional crystal, so I cannot solve
the structure finally by the X-ray data.

>    It is strange that the protein can only crystal in low salt
concentration 60 mM-100 mM NaCl SEC Buffer(Superdex 200 buffer), as the
salt concentration  rises to 200 mM-1000 mM, the protein does not crystal
at all, and the protein with Kit mixture is clear.So I use Superdex 200 to
test the protein assembly using different salt concentration 60 mM/200
mM/1000 mM, the peak is moving to right as the salt concentration
improve.So maybe the protein dimer form crystal(in 60 mM salt
concentration).

>   Here, I really need any available ideas for my protein crystal
optimization, and I will spare no effort to solve the problems. Once I
 make it, I promise I would share my experiments for us to help anyone in
the same situation.Figures and SD200 Peaks are below.