Dear Bulletin Board,
Sorry for the slightly off-topic question, but we are struggling with a
receptor domain that expresses well as a fusion protein, but gets lost the
moment it is cleaved from the fusion partner. It could be that the receptor
domain is not or misfolded, but it could also be a solubility problem.

I have seen some crystal structures of fusion proteins with MBP and for
membrane proteins, T4-lysozyme fusions are often crystallized. What is your
experience? Would it be worth trying to express and crystallize a fusion
protein, or would it be better to look for other constructs, e.g. to include
more receptor domains?

Thank you very much for your advice!
Herman