Dear Nick,

I like your idea and your comments on this substance. 1,2-hexandiol supposed to be chiral but probably it is used as a racemic mixture in cosmetics. There is even a crystal structure in the PDB (4EUS) and an associated 3 letter code. I´ll give it a try because it seems to fit nicely the ED map. I just have to find out how to handle racemics in buster refinement. Thank you all for your helpful comments.

Have a nice day.
-Peer