I do agree with the others about what they said previously and I would not
bother about the ~60kDa protein. I suppose the tag is in the 15kDa one by the
amount of protein you have in the gel. I think you might be facing two
different “problems”. One of your proteins (or the complex) is precipitating
during SEC. Do you centrifuge your samples before running SEC? Do you keep them
in 4ºC? What concentration do you get after your first elution? Your sample may
look very clean in solution but maybe this is not really real.

The other “problem” is that maybe your proteins are forming bigger oligomers in
solution. You can try native gel to find this out but firstly I would use
another SEC column, a bigger one. Superdex 200 10/300 is an analytical column
and should not be used for purification itself (although I have done this many
times). I would try maybe S200 16/60.

Best

Rafael Marques da Silva
Mestrando em Física Biomolecular
Universidade de São Paulo

Bacharel em Ciências Biológicas
Universidade Federal de São Carlos

phone: +55 16 99766-0021

           "A sorte acompanha uma mente bem treinada"