On behalf of Addgene, it may be a good chance for somebody who wants to stay at the interface
between academia and management.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject:        Help Addgene find our next Executive Director
Date:   Thu, 9 Sep 2021 16:12:42 +0000 (GMT)
From:   Daniela from Addgene <n...@addgene.org>
To:     xgr...@ibmb.csic.es <xgr...@ibmb.csic.es>

Dear Prof. Gomis-Ruth,

We are reaching out to all of our depositors because we are asking for your help and insight! Addgene is in the process of recruiting a new Executive Director to help shape vision and strategy for the next decade and beyond.

Our core mission hasn’t changed: we’re accelerating bioscience around the world and want to democratize access.

To give some context on the success of that mission: Addgene receives plasmids from 4,800 labs - that means from you! - at no cost to the researcher and distributes these materials to other researchers. Together we have distributed over 1.5 million plasmids to 107 countries, with 200,000 items distributed even last year in the depths of the COVID-19 pandemic. Speaking of that still ongoing pandemic, the community really pulled together and made COVID-19-related plasmids available to Addgene, which we turned around within days of deposit for use all over the world in the pursuit of development of diagnostics, vaccines, and therapeutics.

Our next Executive Director should know biological science and the process, but they don’t necessarily have to be a long-tenured scientist. They should understand how organizations run but don’t need to be a re-structuring artist. They do have to have a good mind about them for strategic processes including both the analytical rigor it runs on, as well as the creativity it needs; and they need to have a good connection to and feel for the pace of biological scientific innovation and need!

Above all though, they should be an Addgenie in the truest sense of the word - a champion of open and democratic science, an empowering leader, and a proponent of diversity and inclusion!

Do you know someone that you think meets our criteria and that you want to see lead Addgene?

We would love to hear from you! Share the following link to the full position profile with your network or nominate someone you know using the Nominate button at the bottom of the webpage:
https://www.imsearch.com/search-detail/S8-123

Thank you,

Daniela Bourges-Waldegg, PhD
Chief Technology Officer and Interim Executive Director

Prof. Michael Koeris, PhD Chair of the Search Committee, Member of the Board of Directors

We have reached out to you as an Addgene depositor using the contact information stored in our database from your Addgene account. If you don’t want to receive emails regarding plasmid depositing, please reply to this email with “UNSUBSCRIBE”. For more details on how we collect, store, and protect your information, we invite you to read our Transparency and Privacy Policy: https://www.addgene.org/privacy/