Dear Mohamed,
The situation you describe applies also to multiple crystal structures studied
as a function not only of time but also of temperatures and pressures. I
enquired if the numberings of discussed waters and so on could be retained
across the related crystal structures in the PDB. The reply was that the single
model for a single diffraction dataset prevented retaining the same numbering
across these crystal structures. I found a simple alternative solution, as
referee or author, albeit not ideal for the reader, of a numbering of key
waters table in the associated publication with table columns labelled time,
pressure or temperature. I have had mixed success retaining this explanatory
table in the main text however versus being forced to put it into the
Supplementary.
Hope this helps,
Best wishes,
John