Hi folks

Been a while, but I’ve been doing some work on checking that some files are
valid PDB files and went back to the documentation; as far as I can work out,
the best solution to this is John Walker’s, because “MODEL 0” is not allowed in
the standard (maybe it is for mmCIF…) -

> On 27 Aug 2021, at 16:39, John R. Walker <j.roman.wal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I just change MODEL 0 to MODEL 1 then it works fine.
>
> John

As far as I can see (from a small sample of the 150,000 AlphaFold models, soon
to be a few more...) all the PDB files downloadable from alphafold.ebi.ac.uk
are non-conformant. The documentation on PDB files that I have been able to
find easily says -

> Details
>
> * This record is used only when more than one model appears in an entry.
> Generally, it is
> employed only for NMR structures. The chemical connectivity should be the
> same for each model.
> ATOM, HETATM, SIGATM, SIGUIJ, ANISOU, and TER records for each model
> structure are
> interspersed as needed between MODEL and ENDMDL records.
>
> * The numbering of models is sequential beginning with 1.

Harry