Dear All

We want to draw your attention to a tenure-track team leader position in
cryogenic Electron Tomography (cryo-ET) which is about to open at IGBMC, and we
would be grateful if you could disseminate this information to any motivated
candidate.

The main focus of this position is to strengthen and develop new research
directions using cryo-ET, especially -but not exclusively, in situ cellular
cryo-ET, and dedicated image analysis software. The junior professor will
develop his own scientific project and consolidate the cryo-ET activities
initialized by our teams. The position is supported by the Inserm and we are
therefore particularly interested in attracting scientists with innovative
research projects related to human health and diseases, and with experience and
motivation for method optimization and development.

This tenue-track junior professor position is a new type of academic position
for France. To attract motivated candidates, the position offers a more
competitive salary and, after successful evaluation, is converted into a senior
Directeur de Recherche (DR) position, which is equivalent to a full
professorship with little teaching duties. This is a more straightforward and
fast way to obtain a senior position as compared to the regular academic
carrier that requires a highly selective competition for upgrading to DR. The
tenure-track period has been initially set to 5 years, but can be shorten upon
demonstrated scientific performance.

The junior professor will be immersed in the collaborative, interdisciplinary
environment of IGBMC, a leading biomedical research centre bringing together
research groups with interests in cell, molecular and structural biology ( [
https://www.igbmc.fr/en/ | link here ] ). The candidate will be supported by
the cryo-EM platform of the Department of Integrated Structural Biology that
hosts the French and European Infrastructures for Integrated Structural
Biology, FRISBI and Instruct-ERIC, respectively [
https://www.igbmc.fr/en/plateforms-and-services/platforms/integrated-structural-biology
 | link here ] . It is equipped with cutting-edge instrumentation such as Titan
Krios and Glacios cryo electron microscopes, and a cryo Focused Ion Beam
Scanning Electron Microscope (FIB/SEM). The Titan Krios microscope is equipped
with a Cs corrector, GIF energy filter, K3 camera and phase plates. A CLEM
module (Leica Microsystems) is available for correlative cryo-fluorescent
imaging and integrated sample transfer to cryo-FIB/SEM or cryo-TEM. In
addition, the cryo-EM platform has a suite of associated equipment for sample
preparation and dedicated computing resources for image processing and 3D
reconstruction. New investments, in particular a second Titan-like instruments,
are granted.

The new group is expected to start in 2023 and will benefit from a start-up
package. Application instructions can be found at the Inserm eva portal ( [
https://eva3-accueil.inserm.fr/sites/eva/appels-a-projets/Pages/default.aspx |
link here ] ). Interested candidates can contact Prof. M. Eltsov
(mikhail.elt...@igbmc.fr) or Dr P. Schultz (patrick.schu...@igbmc.fr) for
further information. We will be happy to answer any questions and assist the
candidates in framing the project in line with the requirements of call.

Usefull links :

IGBMC Web site

[ https://www.igbmc.fr/en/ | https://www.igbmc.fr/en/ ]

Intergated Structural Biology Platform

[
https://www.igbmc.fr/en/plateforms-and-services/platforms/integrated-structural-biology

https://www.igbmc.fr/en/plateforms-and-services/platforms/integrated-structural-biology
 ]

INSERM Portal

https://eva3-accueil.inserm.fr/sites/eva/appels-a-projets/Pages/default.aspx

https://eva3-accueil.inserm.fr/sites/eva/appels-a-projets/cpj/Pages/projets.aspx

Jean Cavarelli
Professor of Structural Biology
"Structural biology of epigenetic targets"
Department of Integrated structural biology
IGBMC,UMR7104 CNRS-UNISTRA, INSERM U 1258
phone : +33 (0)3 69 48 52 74