This is probably a FLEV specific issue.
Have you tried external software such as LigPlot+ or Schrodinger’s Maestro to
see if they can better handle the modified residue ?

> Le 27 janv. 2022 à 01:03, Sergio A. Sampieri <sampieri...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>
> Greetings all,
>
> Sorry for the naive question, but I'm having problems trying to FLEV a
> modified residue in COOT.
>
> I have modeled a modified CYS into an structure following these steps:
>
> Generate a SMILES string for L-cysteine bonded the modification.
> C1=CC=C(C=C1)C(=O)SCC(C(O)=O)N.
> https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/262741
> <https://pubchem.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/compound/262741>
> Input the SMILES string to PHENIX eLBOW using the graphical user interface
> with quantum optimization enabled to generate restraints (.cif) and
> coordinates (.pdb).
> Used the eLBOW graphical user interface to change the atom names for the
> backbone atoms of the modified cysteine to the standard ones for amino acids
> (N, CA, C, O, OXT, CB), (additional atom names remain as they are)
> Save the new coordinates and restraints.
>  Modified the cif file, especially the definition as a L-peptide and not as
> Ligand.
> Move the modified cysteine saved in step 5 into the density using Coot.
> Delete the extra OXT atom of the cysteine carboxylate and save the
> coordinates of the modified Cys.
> In coot "replace residue" CYS with the Modified CYS ("MCY").
> Refine the structure.
> Open the refined model in COOT, and the cif dictionary generated.
>
> But when trying to FLEV the modified residue I get the next errors:
>
> WARNING:: oops, bonding in rdkit_mol() failed to get atom index idx_1 for
> atom name: " OXT" ele : O:
> Failed to get atom index for atom name " OXT"" in residue of type MCY [spec:
> 1 "A" 165 ""]
> [17:43:23] Explicit valence for atom # 12 O, 3, is greater than permitted
> std::exception
> WARNING:: oops, bonding in rdkit_mol() failed to get atom index idx_1 for
> atom name: " OXT" ele : O:
> Failed to get atom index for atom name " OXT"" in residue of type MCY [spec:
> 1 "A" 165 ""]
> [17:43:23] Explicit valence for atom # 12 O, 3, is greater than permitted
> std::exception
> WARNING:: oops, bonding in rdkit_mol() failed to get atom index idx_1 for
> atom name: " OXT" ele : O:
> ERROR:: (runtime error) in fle_view_with_rdkit(): Failed to get atom index
> for atom name " OXT"" in residue of type MCY [spec: 1 "A" 165 ""]
>
> Also tried to modify the atom names in the CIF file but still get the same
> error (with different atom numbers instead of OXT, O09 and so):
>
> WARNING:: oops, bonding in rdkit_mol() failed to get atom index idx_1 for
> atom name: " C10" ele : C:
> ERROR:: (runtime error) in fle_view_with_rdkit(): Failed to get atom index
> for atom name " C10"" in residue of type MCY [spec: 1 "A" 165 ""]
>
> Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance, stay safe!

> https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=CCP4BB&A=1
> [...]
Xavier Brazzolotto, PhD
Département de Toxicologie et Risques Chimiques
Institut de Recherche Biomédicale des Armées
BP 73
91223 Brétigny sur Orge
France

Phone           +33 (0) 1 78 65 14 00
Alt Phone       +33 (0) 4 57 42 87 19
Cell                    +33 (0) 6 58 36 39 09

The information in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential, intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) above. Any unauthorized use or disclosure
of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake,
please delete it and immediately contact the sender.