Dear CCP4 Users,

I am working with data containing a possible complex of protein with FESAN (iron bis(1,2-dicarbollide)). Unfortunately, to my knowledge, this ligand is not available in PDB. The closest molecule is COSAN (cobalt bis(1,2-dicarbollide)), which is labelled as CB5 and is available in two PDB entries. I can load this molecule into Coot, but attempts at ligand search or refinement of the manually matched molecule result in freezing of the Coot window. FESAN is not present in CCDC as a single molecule, but only in some complexes. Could you give me some advice on how to prepare a new ligand like this one, for incorporation into the protein and further refinement?

Best regards,

Rafal Dolot

--
|Rafal Dolot, Ph.D.                            |